The Customer Operations Representative interacts with customers to ensure delivery of excellent service through fast and accurate response to inquiries, communication, and coordinating with other departments to resolve inquires and complaints. Handles a high volume of incoming calls, tracks shipments, uses the Guardian database to document information, and contacts a variety of stakeholders from carriers to internal/external customers. The Representatives communicate with customers through a variety of means: by telephone, e-mail, regular mail correspondence, or fax. The Representative is the first point of customer contact for general inquiries like pricing, products, scheduling etc, but also builds and maintains business relationships with clients by providing prompt and accurate service to promote customer loyalty.
- Receiving and placing telephone calls with the expectation of maintaining solid customer and carrier relationships by handling their questions and concerns with speed and professionalism. This includes, but is not limited to, quoting & booking shipments for customers, tracking shipments and obtaining shipment information from the carrier. Also, handling and resolving moderate in-transit issues. Held accountable to meeting daily performance metric requirements which include talk time, average call handle time, login adherence and quality guidelines for all calls. Performs data entry and uses software programs. Also may require research skills to troubleshoot customer problems.
- Responsible for accurate records of all customer and carrier interactions. Inputs information from a variety of sources into Company computer databases. May take customer shipment information and enter it into the system.
- Identifies issues which are beyond the scope of those handled by the Customer Operations department, or which require specialty involvement, and generates service tickets and alerts for issue resolution. Follows up with all internal personnel and customers as appropriate to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution for all parties.
- High school diploma required; some college coursework preferred.
- At least one (1) year experience in a high volume call center or customer service environment required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong ability to communicate effectively via telephone and email
- Strong time management and organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Effective PC Skills including working knowledge of MS Office Programs
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure
- Freight / transportation industry experience helpful
- Ability to use phone and computer for 6 to 8 hours per day
We offer a competitive benefits plan above the Mexican Labor Law. This includes life and medical insurance, a Wealth Accumulation Plan (Plan de Pensiones), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in an Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.