Account Manager - Global Forwarding
The purpose of this role is to manage, retain and grow accounts within the Branch. Understand the customer’s business and use that knowledge to provide solutions within the CHRW network. Drive, organize and facilitate regular business reviews and other business meetings. Develop standard operating procedures (SOP’s), Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and other account metrics. Oversee and manage day-to-day customer activities and ensure the operations team is aligned.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with customer resulting in continued account development
- Regular visits to customers in line with their requirements, i.e. monthly, quarterly (QBR’s)
- Identify and manage opportunities to grow the overall customer share of wallet
- Oversee and manage day-to-day customer activities and ensure the operations team is aligned
- Understand the customer’s business and use that knowledge to provide innovative solutions
- Drives, organizes and facilitates regular business reviews and other customer meetings. During these reviews, discuss results of prior year’s activity (review lanes, volumes, etc.), project upcoming market challenges and opportunities unique to the customer
- Create, maintain and execute a detailed SOP
- Develop and maintain an account plan which details overall account information & metrics, identifies opportunities, account contacts, CHRW’s value to the account, potential obstacles and action items. The plan will be continually revised and strengthened throughout the life of the account
- Analyze data and interpret trends to ensure KPI’s and account budget are being achieved
- Generate sustainable profitability and identify opportunities for margin enhancement
- Monitor credit and collection activities to maintain timely AR and acceptable credit terms
- Proactively communicate Trade, Regulatory and Market Intelligence information to customer
- Manage customer rate reviews in line with GRI’s & PSS to ensure margins are both maintained and developed where possible
- Self-driven, results - orientated individual with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality and business profitability
- Excellent communicator (both internally and externally) with an ability to work under pressure
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Team-oriented approach
- Strong orientation towards growth, sales relationship building, negotiation, and financial acumen, developing long-term relationships with customers
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of CHRW’s service portfolio, business strategies and technology systems
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to work face-to-face with customers
- Understanding customs procedures and regulations
- Competent in use of Windows Office packages
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.
Move your career forward at C.H. Robinson
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart� training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.