General Manager Global Forwarding
C.H.Robinson Europe is a fast growing Freight Forwarding company operating in a dynamic market. For our Airfreight Branch on Schiphol-Rijk we are recruiting for a General manager who can easily adapt in this dynamic market and will take on the “ownership” of this branch to bring it to the next level.
In this role you will be overseeing a diverse mix of business inclusive of air import, export, customs brokerage services, account management of our customers and hold P&L responsibility.
- Overlooks the day to day operations and make sure this is executed according CHR Standard.
- Manage and develop your direct reports.
- Develops and adapts operating structure, leveraging technology, internal resources, etc., to accommodate changes in branch strategy, business needs, or as new work of increased scope and complexity requires
- Monitor monthly financial results and have a good understanding of the financial structure.
- Monitors branch performance against (financial) goals, review progress regularly with regional leadership, and communicates progress regularly with branch
- Create a meeting structure with (monthly) team meetings.
- Architects and owns the branch business plan, ensures alignment with enterprise strategies.
- On branch level sets and submits financial performance goals, including a revenue and expense budget.
- Effectively manage relationships with current customers.
- Establishes line of sight between CHR’s objectives, branch strategy and objectives, and individual goals.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in global Airfreight forwarding
- Minimum 2 years of experience people management & development.
- Acute sense of business acumen
- Team player and lead by example.
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Successful and proven account management track record
- Account management skills
- Strong communication skills both written & verbal
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.