Commercial Manager - Global ForwardingApply Now
The Global Forwarding Commercial Manager will provide leadership to a team of Account Managers and Sales Executives. The Commercial Manager’s team is expected to grow contractual transaction counts and net revenue as a result of targeting and selling new customers, maintaining existing customers, increasing wallet share with existing customers, and effectively managing yield. The Commercial Manager’s team is also expected to effectively manage customer claims and accounts receivable.
- Responsible to determine and illustrate the team’s long-term strategic vision
- Adapt the team and commercial processes to ever-changing business factors and their impact
- Create and maintain a team with the right people in the right roles
- 75% of time will be providing leadership, coaching, and mentoring to the account management and sales teams. 25% of time will be maintaining and cultivating their own sales pipeline.
- Ensure customer solutions adapt as customer requirements evolve through proactive and innovative thinking and behavior
- Utilize the network and external partnerships to share experiences and best serve our external and internal customers
- Consult with others as appropriate yet decisive and purposeful in taking well calculated risks
- Setting team and individual objectives and priorities
- Coaching, supporting, and managing the team and individuals to meet and exceed objectives
- Train and develop commercial, market, technical and soft skill acumen
- Communicate and manage the team to adhere to corporate and branch policies
- Collaborate and problem solve with branch and corporate leadership to enable team to achieve increasingly higher success levels
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of global logistics experience (Import/Export Air/Ocean/CHB)
- Proven track record of:
- Solution creativity
- Developing self & team
- Managing execution
- Big picture thinking
- Working well with others
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran