Customs Brokerage Manager
Are you a proven leader with customs brokerage experience? Would you like to further your experience with customs brokerage and lead a team of supervisors? If this sounds intriguing, I want to speak with you regarding our Customs Brokerage Manager opportunity!
As a Customs Brokerage Manager, you'll be accountable for departmental growth, quality execution, oversight, and overall direction of activities related to customs brokerage operations. You'll spend the majority of your time working with our sales and account management teams to grow branch market share within the region in relation to our brokerage team, as well as coaching, planning, leading, and directing the performance of the customs brokerage product’s operational business units.
A successful Customs Brokerage Manager possesses strong and professional customer relationship building skills as well as excellent organization, leadership, talent development, and customer service in order to be successful in this very demanding position.
- Promote a culture and working environment that embraces growth and development to meet the needs of our employees and customers, resulting in higher employee engagement and overall customer satisfaction
- Instill professionalism, ensure adherence to policy and procedures, and encourage consistency of process
- Identify development opportunities, provide constructive feedback, offer continuous training opportunities for direct line reports
- Play major role in recruitment, onboarding, and continuous development of best in class Customs brokerage talent
- Provide individualized coaching plans for direct reports and host semi-annual Talent (performance) reviews
- Establish and maintain a senior entry writer development program
- Set the example for others to follow regarding knowledge and application of U.S. Customs brokerage
- Educate employees to have deeper discussions with clients regarding CBP priority trade issues and other current events impacting the trade community
- Maintain Customs product’s master pricing and account assignment libraries
- Assign and ensure proper setup for new business onboarding into Customs brokerage operations process
- Mitigate operating expenses by actively managing resources against activity forecasts
- Utilize operational and financial tools to monitor daily tasks, set priorities, and measure performance
- Quickly and effectively resolve issues with airlines, steamship lines, ports/CFS, outside forwarders/brokers
- Monitor and maintain control over accounts receivable/account payable
- Manage and revise best practice and SOP materials and review with business units semi-annually
- Confirm that the Supervisors and Customs Entry Writers have the tools, time, and support they need to successfully service the customers
- Identify opportunities to utilize global operations team to deliver continuous improvement exercises that strengthen the customer relationship and improves efficiency
- Perform scheduling for weekend operations and on-call business needs
- Responsible for quality performance against recordkeeping, database, and importer/broker instruction standards
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years of recent Customs brokerage experience
- Minimum 3 years of direct people management and customer service experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestically and internationally)
- Active Customs Broker License
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Proven flexibility & adaptability to product and customer needs
- Active participation in local port trade organizations, CBP seminars, and other trade events
- Time management and organizational skills
- High emotional intelligence, situational leadership, and coaching techniques
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong operations management performance
- Understanding of financial statements and key performance metrics
- Track record of building strong customer relationships
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.