Key Account Manager
- Job ID
- 26555 Evergreen Rd, Southfield, Michigan, United States, 48076-4227
Are you an experienced Sales or Account Manager that's worked with automotive customers? Do you enjoy building relationships with customers and identifying opportunities to increase existing business? If this sounds like you, we have an opportunity as a Key Account Manager with our Global Forwarding division specifically working with customers in the automotive industry. As a Key Account Manager, you'll be responsible to drive growth and maximize retention of high net revenue and potential accounts that are specific to the automotive vertical. You will create demand, identify new opportunities within your automotive portfolio, and sell creative solutions aligned to your customer needs.
As the primary point of accountability, you're responsible for customer advocacy, driving continuous improvement and collaborating to deliver on customer commitments across multiple teams and geographies. Automotive Key Account Managers utilize their broad understanding of C.H. Robinson’s (CHR’s) industry leading modes/services/products, technology, and business process to retain and grow customers within their portfolio through the sale of diverse products and services.
What you'll be doing:
- Accountable to elevate and expand credible relationships across functional departments within the customer supply chain
- Leverages network SME’s to collaborate on the solution and pipeline development of product, mode, or service line opportunities
- Expands market share by driving an active opportunity pipeline and qualification process in CRM, and when applicable collaborate with additional resources to identify and drive market share expansion
- Conducts regular business reviews, leveraging internal data and market intelligence to gain customer insights, and understand positive and negative trends in data, to uncover new opportunities for growth, increase sales, and retain and grow the business by presenting strategic solutions to customers
- Analyzes and shares customer specific data, requirements and expectations with internal resources in order to collaboratively create viable supply chain solutions for customers
- Owns account strategy including RFP, proposal, and award management through a clear understanding of customer buying habits and CHRs position within the customer’s supply chain
- Manages conflict and navigates difficult conversations with the customer, using tact and diplomacy
- Acts as an advocate for customers, internally conveying their customer-specific needs across the organization, to ensure proper alignment and prioritization of resources
- Collaborates and actively communicates with partners on the capacity/product/supply team to identify strategic solutions for complex issues
- Partners with operations and capacity/product/supply teams to ensure optimal execution through the use of SOPs, best in class business processes, and mutually agreed upon customer KPI’s
Financial Accountability and Process Efficiency:
- Proactive review of financial results, volume, and service performance reports and to monitor and drive account health
- Identifies and implements solutions to champion process improvement and cost avoidance for customer
- Understands negotiated payment terms and ensures AR processes are adhered to
Experience we're looking for:
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 7 years of experience in sales and/or account management, with 2 years working with automotive customers
- Ability to travel up to 50% (domestically and internationally)
- Supply chain knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Programs
- Demonstrates and drives a data driven approach
- Demonstrated influencing, negotiation, collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of delivering measurable financial results through sales or account management solutions
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.