The Gateway Agent is responsible for managing and operating the shipment lifecycle for their assigned consolidations. They are a key contact and an expert in ensuring all requests and requirements are met and answered accurately and timely. This position consists of preparation, distribution, and maintenance of all documents for various geographical regions. They are accountable for executing and overseeing tasks for each shipment in addition to daily communication, reporting, and email management. This is accomplished through a commitment to exceptional customer service and operational excellence. Required shift is Tuesday- Saturday.
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of booking through the delivery of the cargo.
- Initiate, prepare, process and assemble all required documentation for air, LCL or FCL shipments
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to the carrier, customers and agents in a timely manner
- Communicate clearly both internally and externally, timely and effectively with overseas offices, agents, customers and outside vendors to ensure a smooth flow of the shipment
- Apply industry knowledge and critical thinking to adapt processes/create solutions in response to challenges both internally and externally
- Execute/coordinate tasks on the shipments to meet all SOP requirements, including submission of SLI’s to carriers, ocean export bills of lading, updates on shipments, processing pre-alerts, tracking of shipments, invoicing, etc.
- Promote a positive working relationship for all team members
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
High school diploma or GED required
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Experience working in Air Exports
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Exceptional customer service skills and meticulous follow up
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.