Senior Gateway Agent
The Senior Gateway Agent is responsible for executing all size or types of consolidations. They are a role model of knowledge, experience, hard work ethic, supporter of business goals and objectives with excellent customer service skills and professionalism. The Senior Gateway Agent is a subject matter expert and ensures all requests & requirements are met and answered accurately and timely. They are accountable for their individually assigned consolidations in addition to daily communication, reporting, and email management. Required shift is Tuesday- Saturday.
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo
- Apply industry knowledge and critical thinking to adapt processes/create solutions in response to challenges both internally and externally
- Execute/Coordinate tasks on the consolidations to meet all SOP requirements
- Ensure a high-level of data integrity within the shipments
- Communicate clearly, timely, and effectively with CHR offices, Agents, and Outside Vendors
- Act as a key contact and subject matter expert
- Promote a positive working relationship for all team members
- Act as a resource and expert to the department, branch, and network on consolidation requirements & process initiatives
- Monitor consolidation trends and its impact to our processes and operations
- Ensure SOPs are maintained and adhered to
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
High school diploma or GED required
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
4-6 years of Global Forwarding industry experience (air exports)
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
Excellent verbal & written communication skills and phone etiquette
Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Exceptional customer service skills and meticulous follow up
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.