Account Manager - GF
As an Account Manager you will be tasked to manage a select group of strategically important small to mid-size accounts within the office or broader C.H. Robinson portfolio of business. You will build strong & trusted relationships with your customer leadership. You will be empowered to manage and grow existing accounts by bringing forth new services or modes and/or expanding on existing services offered, with a focus on increasing efficiency, adding value and maximizing profitability through the account’s supply chain.
- Develop account relationships with contacts at multiple levels within the organization
- Maintain a client organizational chart with all key contacts showing responsibilities and roles (ie; decision maker, influencer, advocate, coach)
- Identify business growth opportunities to further penetrate accounts by selling CHR’s diverse services
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel
- Maintain all account rates and tariffs, keeping rates up to date and managing yields on monthly basis
Present pricing options & recommendations to customer leadership
- Continually search for and implement cost savings for your clients and CHR by improving processes and eliminating waste
- Ensure an agreed upon and functioning “invoice to payment process” is in place where escalation for each customer is documented
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis through the creation and utilization of SOPs, KPIs and other account specific metrics
- Contribute to the development and management of the annual strategic account plan and budget. Provide updates to internal team in addition to reviewing on a quarterly basis & making adjustment as necessary
- Collaborate on creating business reviews and contribute to or lead customer meetings
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Design and pursue a personal development plan in collaboration with management
- Minimum of 3 years' sales experience
- Minimum of 1-year freight forwarding experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to define, develop and document business processes and procedures
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
- Excellent systems knowledge: Microsoft Office Suite programs and internet
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.