Senior Sales Executive - Global Forwarding
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Long Beach, California
- Additional Location(s)
- Concord, California; Houston, Texas; Grapevine, Texas
C.H. Robinson is looking to fill a Senior Sales Executive role. In this role you will grow Global Forwarding (International Air, Ocean & Rail) services by securing new profitable and sustainable customers. You will generate revenue and drive new business by managing sales meetings, presenting recommendations for supply chain improvements, and closing sales. In this role you will sell for the industry leader, backed by people, process, and technology that are second to none. We are looking for a self-driven, results-orientated individual with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality and business profitability. Sound like you? Join us and grow your career at C.H. Robinson!
- Prospect, plan, and conduct face-to-face visits with new prospective customers within Branch territory
- Partner with customers to gather information on their needs, and offer tailored solutions within the CHR platform
- Lead and collaborate with International Air, Ocean and Rail account management teams to develop tailored solutions for customers
- Ensure alignment with branch strategies in forecasting, business planning, and pipeline development
- Consult with several levels of decision-makers and buying influences to understand customers’ business challenges and supply chain goals
- Maintain a strong commercial presence in the local marketplace, participating or presenting at regional events
- Collaborate with Account Management teams to create and execute an implementation plan to effectively transition relationship management duties
- Assist in the development of any SOPs required to manage the customers’ business effectively
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 4 years of operations experience from a freight forwarder or outside sales experience
- Willingness to travel within assigned territory, minimum 3-4 days per week
- Advanced knowledge of logistical concepts and supply chain terminology, specifically with international freight
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively with strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
- Develop and maintain strong inter-company relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Compensation Range$65,300.00 - $135,600.00
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.