Senior Sales Executive (Global Forwarding)
- Job ID
- 680 Knox Street, Suite #210, Torrance, California, United States, 90502-1125
As a Senior Sales Executive within the C.H. Robinson Global Forwarding division, you will be responsible for prospecting new customers and closing new business within the medium-large size segment. You will leverage all C.H. Robinson’s logistics services, with an emphasis on ocean, air and customs brokerage. This is a competitive sales role and will require strong persuasion skills, a growth mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will need to understand the challenges that global businesses face within their supply chains and use that knowledge to generate demand and develop tailored solutions to deliver value and support the customer’s initiatives. You will also use C.H. Robinson technology solutions to drive automation, improve efficiencies, and add value within a customer’s supply chain.
- Uses CRM to identify, call, and track prospects in order to gain core and strategic customer opportunities
- Effectively executes sales activities and maintains a pipeline to generate revenue to meet or exceed net revenue goals and expectations
- Establishes multiple contacts and builds relationships at multiple levels and departments within prospects, developing advocates within a customer’s organization to strengthen relationships
- Understands and stays informed of the customers’ business, industry and sector, and applies that knowledge to identify opportunities and articulate where we can provide value within the customer’s supply chain
- Understands market conditions and competitive landscape in order to provide efficient and effective modes of transportation solutions for the customer
- Interprets how multiple factors effecting market conditions could impact a customer’s supply chain and can deliver a persuasive case for change
- Ability to build a winning deal team using the right internal resources, leading, and collaborating with partners on the capacity/supply and account management teams to develop a tailored solution
- Uses internal tools and resources, including but not limited to service line and pricing SMEs, to determine customer pricing strategy
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 4 years consultative sales or account management experience, which includes an emphasis on international air, ocean and/or brokerage services
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Located within 300 miles proximity of the sales territory
- Familiar with incoterms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Demonstrated negotiation and sales strategies experience
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Strong ability to establish and manage relationships with varying levels of stakeholders
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.