Key Account Manager - Transportation & LogisticsApply Now
Strategy & Growth
- Penetrates the account by making contacts and building relationships at multiple levels and in multiple departments within the account.
- Conducts regular business reviews, leveraging internal data and market intelligence to gain customer insights, and understand positive and negative trends in data, to uncover new opportunities for growth, increase sales, and retain and grow the business by presenting strategic solutions to customers.
- Works with and influences account team members (account management and operational resources) across geographies and/or divisions to execute the account strategy and deliver results.
- Uses strategic negotiation and sales strategies at the management level in discussing complex pricing and selling solutions with customers.
- Shares customer specific data, requirements and expectations with internal resources in order to collaboratively create viable supply chain solutions for customers.
- Reviews financial, volume and service performance reports and makes adjustments (pricing, process, etc.) that create efficiencies and drive continuous improvement.
- Interprets and uses internal/external data and market intelligence (indexes, research, etc.) along with customer information (articles, press, etc.) to provide customers with business insights, improve customer outcomes and grow the business.
- Stays informed of changes within the customers’ business, industry and sector through regular customer communication and applies that knowledge to identify new opportunities.
- Creates annual account/portfolio budgets and plans that are reviewed frequently and managed to, in order to achieve desired outcomes.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for customers within portfolio, delivering a positive customer experience through proactive communication, timely responses ensuring quality execution against expectations.
- Manages conflict and navigates difficult conversations with the customer, using tact and diplomacy.
- Acts as an advocate for customers, internally conveying their customer-specific needs across the organization, to ensure proper alignment and prioritization of resources.
- Collaborates and actively communicates with partners on the capacity/product/supply team to identify strategic solutions for complex issues.
- Engages internal leadership team members to ensure alignment, resource prioritization and participation in account strategy.
- Partners with operations and capacity/product/supply teams to ensure optimal execution through the use of SOPs, best in class business processes, and mutually agreed upon customer KPI’s.
- Partners with sales team to provide holistic plan for transition of customer accounts, define expectations and timelines, seek opportunities to leverage automation and set plans for execution.
- Builds trusting relationships by ensuring quality execution against expectations and collaborating with management to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Understands negotiated payment terms and processes and ensures timely invoicing through monthly reviews.
- Manages pricing strategy through a clear understanding of customer buying habits and CHR’s position within customer supply chain.
- Uses internal tools and resources, including but not limited to service line and pricing SMEs, to determine customer pricing strategy.
- Leads RFP opportunities or customers within portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 4 years of sales and/or account management experience
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Demonstrated influencing, negotiation, collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of delivering measurable financial results through sales or account management solutions
- Technical proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Supply chain knowledge
- Prior structured sales life cycle training
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran