Key Account Manager
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Warsaw, Mazovia
- Additional Location(s)
- Krakow (City), Lesser Poland
The Key Account Manager (KAM) is responsible to drive growth and maximize retention of a portfolio of accounts. The Key Account Manager creates demand, identifies new opportunities within their portfolio, and sells creative solutions aligned to the customer needs. As the primary point of accountability, the Key Account Manager is responsible for customer advocacy, driving continuous improvement and collaborating to deliver on customer commitments across multiple teams and geographies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable to elevate and expand credible relationships across functional departments within the customer supply chain
- Leverages network SME’s to collaborate on the solution and pipeline development of product, mode, or service line opportunities
- Expands market share by driving an active opportunity pipeline and qualification process in CRM, and when applicable collaborate with additional resources to identify and drive market share expansion
- Conducts regular business reviews, leveraging internal data and market intelligence to gain customer insights, and understand positive and negative trends in data, to uncover new opportunities for growth, increase sales, and retain and grow the business by presenting strategic solutions to customers
- Uses strategic negotiation and sales strategies at the management and director level in discussing complex pricing and selling solutions with customers
- Manages conflict and navigates difficult conversations with the customer, using tact and diplomacy
- Acts as an advocate for customers, internally conveying their customer-specific needs across the organization, to ensure proper alignment and prioritization of resources
- Targets and manages road map toward continuous improvement for their customers working directly with the account team to ensure exceptional service is delivered to C.H. Robinson customers
- Collaborates and actively communicates with partners on the capacity/product/supply team to identify strategic solutions for complex issues
Financial Accountability and Process Efficiency:
- Proactive review of financial results, volume, and service performance reports and to monitor and drive account health
- Identifies and implements solutions to champion process improvement and cost avoidance for customer
- At least Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 4 years of experience in sales and/or account management
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Supply chain knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Programs
- Demonstrates and drives a data driven approach
- Demonstrated influencing, negotiation, collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of delivering measurable financial results through sales or account management solutions
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.