Lead Software Engineering
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
As a Lead Software Engineer at CH Robinson, you will leverage your experience delivering quality code and your passion for developing people to guide a team of engineers to create solutions within our Navisphere platform.
You will be responsible for supervising a team of software engineers who will partner closely with our established teams in North America. Along with your leadership responsibilities, you will also contribute to the team by designing, coding and testing industry leading solutions that delight our customers and help us retain our competitive advantage.
- Develop software products (50% hands-on)
- Train, mentor, and develop a dynamic, collaborative team of talented software engineers solving complex business problems in imaginative and innovative ways
- Communicate the team’s work to a range of stakeholders and leaders in technology and the business
- Collaborate with software engineering managers who oversee the teams and projects to which your team is aligned
- Collaborate with architects, products managers, project managers, software engineers and support team members to create and support solutions
- Collaborate with other software engineers and teams on code reviews, development infrastructure, and process enhancements
- Drive efficiencies and best practices across teams
- Mentor and guide the career development of your members
- Foster continuous learning and innovation
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies
- Create ongoing value for the business through iterative development/delivery, and working on continuous improvement within an Agile environment
- 5+ years of experience within the information technology
- Experience leading a software engineering team
- Experience with HTTP and REST architecture
- Experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. MS SQL, Oracle) or non-relational databases (ex. MongoDB)
- Proficient with unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Proficient with version control systems (ex. GIT, GITHub, TFS, etc.)
- Proven track record in delivering in an Agile environment
- Experience with CI/CD continuous integration / continuous deployment practices
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with data streaming and messaging architecture and frameworks (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ESB)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Self-motivated; able to work with minimal supervision
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Able to thrive in a collaborative, creative, dynamic workplace
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Contract of employment + package of benefits (private medical care/ multi cafeteria program/annual bonus 10%)
- Work office in Warsaw Spire, near to metro station Rondo Daszyńskiego; the possibility of partial remote work
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.