The Regional Pricing Manager will lead and execute pricing for PL, CZ, HU and RO within the North-East Region on all tendered (contracted) freight and will report into the Regional General Manager Account Management. This is a strategic role in our functional organization where you can make a significant impact and contribute to our long-term strategic growth and profitability objectives in Europe. In this role you will closely collaborate with regional/branch leadership, sales, account management and corporate tender management.
The Regional Pricing Manager will be a member of CHR European Pricing Network – a community of pricing managers, pricing analysts, business analytics and senior leadership. The network will facilitate the sharing of best practices, training, and development of pricing related processes and tools.
In addition to excellent analytical skills, it will be important that the Regional Pricing Manager has strong communication/influencing skills, and the ability to effectively collaborate within the region and with various leadership and shared service resources.
The effectiveness and results of the Regional Pricing Manager role will be measured through several predefined KPIs; focusing on win rate, margin, focus vs non-focus lane volumes, quality of pricing, etc.
The ideal candidate will have account- or capacity management experience in our branch network, with high attention to detail and proven use of analytics to drive business growth. The Pricing Manager role will be a full-time responsibility and is instrumental for our future growth goals.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead and execute pricing of all contracted opportunities on behalf of the region
- Quality opportunities, understand customer objectives and analyze bid/lane requirements, for existing clients understand volume development, margins & challenges
- Assist in the development of pricing strategy per opportunity together with sales/AM
- Continuously liaise with capacity management to understand state and dynamics of markets
- Use, learn and support development of data driven pricing tools
- Collaborate with tender management, provide regional pricing within agreed timeframe
- Define quarterly lane level pricing strategies based on internal and external data sources
- Map the regional tender calendar, have a consistent pipeline of opportunities and aid in driving opportunities into results
- Keep track of quoted opportunities – store/use a template (use KPI Tracker or templates)
- Keep track of allocations/awards and profitability – analyze wins/losses and lane growth
- Build a discipline that includes regular reviews of pricing activities, results and improvement plans with branch/regional leadership and pricing analyst
- Develop & manage pricing processes within the region, educate branch teams on how to utilize pricing tools and data
- Participate in regular pricing network calls/meetings to provide market updates and share best practices
- Stay up to date on regional economies and markets with a near and long-term view
- Min. 3 years of industry experience in pricing management
- Preferred previous experience in capacity or account management
- Strong analytics and statistical skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Data oriented and high attention to detail
- Strong coordination, communication and influencing skills
- Strong project/time management skills
- Strong Excel skills preferred, or interest to learn these
- Fluency in English
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.