Regional Sales Manager Eastern Europe
Our Road Transportation Division is looking for a Regional Sales Manager to lead and manage the Field Sales Team and execute our sales strategy in the Eastern European region.
You will be responsible for our Sales teams in Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Turkey and you will lead a team of 11-13 sales people. The preferred location for this role is Warsaw, Wroclaw or Krakow, other locations within the region are also possible.
- Collaborates with functional leadership to develop annual regional sales plan that aligns to new and existing commercial sales growth objectives
- Defines and executes regional sales and growth strategy for both new and existing customers, and actively manages and adjusts short and long-term plans as necessary
- Builds, manages, and leverages internal relationships (i.e. pricing teams, solution design, Customer Shared Services) to ensure collaboration and maximize efficiencies and results
- Utilizes analytics to drive improved business decision making, optimize performance, and leverages organizational resources to help improve results
- Develops strong knowledge of industry trends and market drivers related to modes, products, services, pricing, and sectors that may impact strategic planning or execution
General Function Management
- Manages and executes sales process including, prospecting, discovery, solution design, proposing and closing, and ensures regional sales team manages leads and pipelines effectively
- Evaluates region’s sales kits, plans, goals, activities and results
- Identifies high-potential customers and manages corresponding growth plans
- Promotes and drives cross-functional and cross-regional collaboration (i.e creation of deal teams within and outside the region, alignment of resources and support as needed, identifying and sharing best practices, etc.)
- Collaborates with account management teams to ensure effective transition to implementation
- Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure collaboration, quality execution, issue escalation and resolution, etc. to meet customer expectations
- Possesses a broad understanding of C.H. Robinson’s products, services, resources and technologies and leverages those appropriately to identify opportunities, drive sales growth with new and existing customers, and establish new supply chains and business models
- Partners with legal to oversee contract management, including the ability to negotiate, understand and discuss contracts with new prospects and existing customers
- Work with and support our data analytics team to advance their modeling practices and pricing services
- Hold ongoing business reviews
- Manages the performance and development of direct and indirect reports through both formal and informal performance management, coaching and feedback, mentoring and training and developmental tools
- Drive optimal organization and network design
- Drive engagement and enablement of employees through role modelling key HR practices (employee development, performance management, recognition programs, retention, talent management, team communications etc.)
- Drive employee productivity and performance culture: leverage Sales and commercial synergies and experience, minimize repetitive tasks via automation, improve FTE productivity and skillset, minimize internal productivity barriers
- Manages the identification of new and existing customer opportunities, assigns leads and aligns team resources to effectively execute sales and account growth strategies to achieve volume and revenue growth for the region
- Actively manages sales and customer growth at the regional level by employing sales management disciplines, including ensuring the regular completion of sales management reviews (SMRs), pipeline reviews, field evaluations, etc.
- Identifies, defines, and supports opportunities to generate revenue (upsell, cross-sell, resell CHR services) within the region
- Oversees regional sales teams, sales plans and pipelines
- Actively interfaces with customers to present business opportunities, respond to RFIs/RFPs, and maintain ongoing relationships
Continuous process improvement and automation
- Develop and leverage sales management best practices and monitor execution of value-added plans
- Drive standardization and automation of sales routines
- 5+ years of sales leadership in road transportation & logistics industry
- 3+ years of direct or indirect people management experience
- 5+ years of consultative sales experience with demonstrated success generating revenue or business growth in a client facing role.
- Proven ability to define a regional or multi-location sales strategy
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong knowledge of C.H. Robinson’s carrier and customer-facing business, including pricing strategies, reporting and analytics
- Experience managing financials for a business segment
- Ability to understand and communicate financial metrics, including P&L and apply financial and operational data to make sound business decisions
- Ability to work independently to effectively manage sales growth
- Identifies with and role models the CHR core values (“Evolve constantly, Deliver excellence, Grow together, Embrace integrity”)
- Advance in English and by preference, Polish
- Willingness to travel frequently
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.