Senior Software Engineer .NET
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most connected supply chain platform, Navisphere. If you are a software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
There are a lot of fun events outside of the main responsibilities such as projects which involved people from different parts of the organization working together on tech and non-tech topics, events organized by Women in Tech (employee resource group) such as the book club and activities encouraged by the HR Team.Patrycja,
Software Quality Assurance Analyst, Warsaw, Poland
Teamwork culture is valuable. Workflow-wise, you do not feel that you work in a large company. We’ve got small teams with a lot of initiative. At the same time, you see the scale of the system architecture and you realize that you work in a big company with a small, friendly team attitude.Pawel,
Software Engineer, Warsaw, Poland
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.William,
Software Engineer II, North America
Software Engineer III – Shared Billing Services
As a Software Engineer on C.H. Robinson’s Shared Billing Services team, you will use your passion for technology and experience delivering complex software solutions to support a critical component of our business – money exchange. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluating requirements, estimating tasks, designing features, and writing code that meets performance, quality, security, and business objectives. You will collaborate with other software engineers, product managers, architects, and stakeholders to solve complex problems, improve our software development processes and standards, and keep up with emerging technologies.
You’ll work closely with the agile team located in Eden Prairie, MN to make technology decisions. We are looking for someone excited about using the newest cloud tools and technology to build highly scalable, stable, and accurate products. The solutions you build will be responsible for processing every document sent by our vast network of Carriers!
- Follow established designs and develop features and functionality to satisfy our customers, business, and engineering requirements
- Partner with product managers, stakeholders, and architects to analyze and understand high-level requirements, translating them into technical designs
- Define interfaces and develop code/tests for modules across products
- Lead interactive & in-depth code reviews utilizing the organization’s technical standards, and best practices to mentor other engineers and drive an increase in code quality
- Optimize and refactor code to improve performance and maintainability while maximizing efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborate with team to define testing strategy, driving quality through automated unit, integration, and acceptance tests
- Use security focused programming patterns write new code, and find, fix, and enhance security in existing applications
- Proactively troubleshoot applications, identify performance/availability issues, and provide effective options for resolution
- Develop and maintain thorough technical documentation for features
- Estimate for software projects including factors such as dependencies, scope, time, resources, and skillsets
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building cloud native technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Familiarity building and supporting high volume, distributed systems
- Ability to design and develop services with a deep understanding of HTTP based standards/protocols and service-to-service architecture
- In-depth experience with relational and non-relational, distributed databases
- Experience with automated testing (unit, integration, and acceptance testing)
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. GIT, GitHub, TFS, etc.)
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced, distributed environment while managing multiple priorities
- Experience delivering software in an agile environment
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment practices
- Experience with event-driven architecture and frameworks (e.g. Kafka, ESB, etc.)
- Possesses solid communication skills and a proactive, solution-focused attitude with a passion for continuous improvement
- Possesses a growth mindset, open to giving and receiving feedback
- Experience with/interestin transportation, logistics, finance, or business systems
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.