As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
As a Software Engineer at CH Robinson, you will use your experience and passion for delivering quality code to maintain and move our core Rating platform into the future.
You will collaborate with product managers and other software engineers in North America to evaluate requirements, estimate tasks, and write code that meets performance, quality and business and security objectives.
You will have the opportunity to learn from this team of talented software engineers, as well as, leverage our partnership with Skillsoft to continuously improve your technical skills.
- Contribute to the definition of the engineering lifecycle as well as the definition of best practices
- Develop software and design solutions to satisfy customer requirements that take into account performance and availability
- Translate requirements into detailed designs, partnering with product managers and architects
- Estimate for software development effort including identifying dependent teams and developing code to satisfy complex requirements
- Utilize source control features best practices to track and control changes
- Increase code quality through writing unit, integration, and acceptance tests
- Tune performance and resolve availability issues of product or service and its dependencies
- Collaborate with other software engineers and teams on code reviews, development infrastructure, and process enhancements
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies
- Create ongoing value for the business through iterative development/delivery, and working on continuous improvement within an Agile environment
- Develop and maintain thorough technical documentation for features
- 2 - 3 years collaborating with a team and working in a team environment shipping software
- Experience creating applications and features in C#/.NET
- Experience with HTTP and REST architecture
- Experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. MS SQL, Oracle)
- Proficient with unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Proficient with version control systems (ex. GIT, GITHub, TFS, etc.)
- Self-motivated; able to work with minimal supervision
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in delivering in an agile environment
- Experience with CI/CD continuous integration / continuous deployment practices
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with data streaming and messaging architecture and frameworks (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ESB)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Have a growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Able to thrive in a collaborative, creative, dynamic workplace
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Contract of employment and package of benefits
- Work office in Warsaw Spire, near to metro station Rondo Daszyńskiego
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will combine remote and office work. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and adjust our approach accordingly to ensure safety.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.