Associate Collections Representative
- Job ID
- 1501 N. Mittel Blvd., Suite B, Wood Dale, Illinois, United States, 60191
The Associate Collections Representative will have the opportunity to work with high volume customers and offices to resolve issues with and collect on aging invoices. It is an exciting opportunity to not only build relationships with assigned customers and C.H. Robinson offices, but to also use their critical thinking skills to resolve everyday collections problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Utilize problem solving and critical thinking skills to determine root cause of aging invoices
- Leverage systems functionality and established processes to resolve aging invoices
- Work within established procedures and adheres to quality guidelines
- Escalate complex issues to senior team members and/or leadership
- Support ideas for process improvement
- Develop professional relationships with internal and external customers, maintain open lines of communication and build rapport by providing timely and professional service
- Continue to develop skills and build upon knowledge of collections process
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Site Specific: Bilingual requirement
- Minimum 1 year of collections, cash applications, credit, accounts payable, or related finance experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Effective and flexible communication skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, professional environment
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.