Associate Customs Entry Writer
The AssociateCustoms Entry Writer is a great entry level position within the customs team. In this position you will work toward a thorough understanding of the customs process, client’s requirements, and the role a customs broker plays in the supply chain. You will further enhance your customer service skills, refine data entry competency, problem solving, and gain job related regulatory knowledge equipping you with the tools and experience required to advance within the organization.
Our commitment to you begins on day one with our dynamic and comprehensive onboarding program. This interactive training will jumpstart your knowledge of our company and industry, help you excel here and ensure your proficiency in our systems and processes. The training will be a mix of activities, self-guided learning, as well as in-office coaching and mentoring. You will come out of this experience ready to be a part of our success and a high performing member of our team.
- Develop an understanding of Customs requirements and Partner Government Agency involvement in the International trade transaction
- Receive and review documentation to input and transmit data for US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) release of shipments
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met, and proper documentation exists for all shipments
- Demonstrate competency with respect to the customs brokerage products’ standard operating procedures (SOP) and best practices
- Gain awareness into customer specific standard operating procedures (SOP) and honor those commitments
- Maintain sound Customer Standard Operating Procedures and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) databases to ensure full compliance of CBP and customer requirements
- Ensure all email communication and voicemail messages are responded to the same day
- Maintain courteous, prompt, and professional customer relations
- Manage customer invoicing, process vendor payables and assist with receivables of assigned accounts.
- Adhere to a high level of operational excellence with respect to on time performance, accuracy, and customer service
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Per the Customs Regulations, specifically 19 CFR 111.53(e), a Customs Broker is required to receive written approval from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) if it knowingly employs any person who has been convicted of a felony. For this reason and unless prohibited by state or local law we will perform our initial background check and an annual check for any person employed in a Global Forwarding Customs Brokerage Department.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Exceptional customer service skills and follow up
- Logical, methodical and expedient approach to problem resolution
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and strong internet skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or continued education
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.