Associate Customs Entry Writer
The Associate Customs Entry Writer role is an entry level position on the customs team, for an organized individual with excellent communication and customer service skills. The Associate Customs Entry Writer works toward a thorough understanding of the customs process, client’s requirements, and the role a customs broker plays in the supply chain. They further enhance their customer service skills, refine data entry competency, problem solving, and gain job related regulatory knowledge equipping them with the tools and experience required to advance within the organization.
Maintain Operational Excellence:
- Develop an understanding of Customs requirements and Partner Government Agency involvement in the International trade transaction
- Receive and review documentation to input and transmit data for US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) release of shipments
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met, and proper documentation exists for all shipments
- Demonstrate competency with respect to the customs brokerage products’ standard operating procedures (SOP) and best practices
- Manage customer invoicing, process vendor payables and assist with receivables of assigned accounts
- Communicate clearly, timely, and effectively with Customers, CHR offices, Agents, and Outside Vendors
- Promote a positive working relationship for all team members
- Gain awareness into customer specific standard operating procedures (SOP) and honor those commitments
- Adhere to a high level of operational excellence with respect to on time performance, accuracy, and customer service
- Understand and learn to leverage CHR’s network of departments, support teams and leadership.
- Maintain sound Customer Standard Operating Procedures and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) databases to ensure full compliance of CBP and customer requirements
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Proven critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customer needs
- High level of attention to detail
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.