Associate Global Fowarding Agent
As a Global Forwarding Agent, you will have the opportunity to directly support customer supply chains by helping to move their freight efficiently and effectively. You will interact directly with customers to build and strengthen relationships, coordinate cargo bookings and conduct analysis to help customers maximize C.H. Robinson’s technology offerings. Our Global Forwarding Agents thrive in a fast paced environment while working to provide best-in-class customer service and problem resolution. This role provides an excellent opportunity to start your career at C.H. Robinson, with opportunities to grow in Operations, Sales or Account Management.
Our commitment to you begins on day one with our dynamic and comprehensive onboarding program. This interactive training will jumpstart your knowledge of our company and industry, help you excel here and ensure your proficiency in our systems and processes. The training will be a mix of activities, self-guided learning, as well as in-office coaching and mentoring. You will come out of this experience ready to be a part of our success and a high performing member of our team.
- Understand the processes, documentation and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo.
- Collaborate with coworkers, international C.H. Robinson offices and third-party agents to ensure efficiency, excellent customer service and continued customer relationship development.
- Understand and manage financial details of shipments for proper billing of customers.
- Communicate effectively with Customers, Agents and Outside Vendors.
- Generate, file and maintain up-to-date customer records, reports, shipment documentation, etc.
- Provide reporting and documentation support to internal and external customers.
- Involvement in customer business reviews.
- Apply industry knowledge and critical-thinking to adapt processes and to create solutions in response to challenges both internally and externally.
- Ensure adherence to customer Standard Operating Procedures, government agency regulations and C.H. Robinson company standards.
- Ensure compliance with all government filings and regulations such as Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) and U.S Department of Commerce, etc.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Exceptional customer service skills and diligent follow up
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and strong internet skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or continued education
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.