The Collector on our Global Forwarding team (located in Wood Dale) oversees the collection of payments for assigned customers in North America who are receiving global supply chain and transportation services. You will work collaboratively with the Global Forwarding offices and the customer to remove payment roadblocks. Your ability to identify risk of nonpayment early on and work quickly to resolve the problem with a professional and customer service oriented approach will be key to your success.
- Collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented collections department.
- Summarize in notes root cause of delinquency and corrective action to resolve.
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, customer reconciliations and processing refunds.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Enlist the efforts of sales, operations and the branch manager when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with supervisor and branch management regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers, operations and sales.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary.
- Maintain accounts Master Data for Invoicing and Statement preferences as well as contacts.
- Escalate accounts to Supervisor if roadblock occurs and options are exhausted.
- Previous experience in collections or finance is a plus!
- Commitment to excellent customer service is must!
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to work under pressure in a very time-sensitive environment
- Must be proficient in standard Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to demonstrate an organized, logical approach to solving problems.
- Strong follow-up and follow-through with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented and capable of working under time sensitive situations in a team environment.
- High school diploma or GED required.
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran