Customs Entry Writer (June 2019 Start)Apply Now
What’s the opportunity?
As a Customs Entry Writer, you will work directly with customers, overseas offices, and the U.S. Customs department to file entries on imported freight, ensure timely coordination of cargo, and perform accurate reporting and billing. You will act as a trusted advisor to our customers, educating them on U.S. Customs and Partner Government Agency (PGA) requirements. The Customs Entry Writer position is an excellent opportunity to start your career at C.H. Robinson, with opportunities to grow in Global Forwarding Operations or Sales.
Upon starting with C.H. Robinson, you will be enrolled in training to jumpstart your knowledge of our company and our industry, help you excel in our culture, and ensure your proficiency in our systems and processes. The training will be a mix of activities, including instructor led classes, self-guided learning, as well as in-office coaching and mentoring. We want you to be more than a crucial element to our customers and carriers- we want you to be a high-performing member of our team.
What will you be doing?
- Filing import declarations on behalf of Importers
- Generate, file, and maintain up-to-date customer records, reports, documentation, databases, etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries and follow-up to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with coworkers and other departments to ensure data integrity and compliance with customer SOPs
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the customer experience is seamless
- Understand each assigned customer’s business model and competitive advantages
- Provide subject matter support to Sales Executives and Account Managers
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Exceptional customer service skills and follow up
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge or coursework in Supply Chain, Logistics and or International Business a plus
- Per the Customs Regulations, specifically 19 CFR 111.53(e), a Customs Broker is required to receive written approval from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) if it knowingly employs any person who has been convicted of a felony. For this reason and unless prohibited by state or local law we will perform our initial background check and an annual check for any person employed in a Global Forwarding Customs Brokerage Department.
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran