Global Forwarding Agent (June 2019 Start)Apply Now
What’s the opportunity?
As a Global Forwarding Agent, you will have the opportunity to directly support customer supply chains by helping to move their freight efficiently and effectively. You will interact directly with customers to build and strengthen relationships, coordinate cargo bookings, and conduct analysis to help customers maximize C.H. Robinson’s technology offerings. Our Global Forwarding Agents thrive in a fast paced environment while working to provide best-in-class customer service and problem resolution. The Global Forwarding Agent position is an excellent opportunity to start your career at C.H. Robinson, with opportunities to grow in Operations, Sales, or Account Management.
Upon starting with C.H. Robinson, you will be enrolled in training to jumpstart your knowledge of our company and our industry, help you excel in our culture, and ensure your proficiency in our systems and processes. The training will be a mix of activities, including instructor led classes, self-guided learning, as well as in-office coaching and mentoring. We want you to be more than a crucial element to our customers and carriers- we want you to be a high-performing member of our team.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborate with coworkers, international C.H. Robinson offices, and third-party agents to ensure efficiency, excellent customer service, and continued customer relationship development
- Understand and manage financial details of shipments for proper billing of customers
- Generate, file, and maintain up-to-date customer records, reports, shipment documentation, etc.
- Provide support (reporting, documentation, etc.) to internal and external customers (Sales Executives and Account Managers)
- Involved in preparation and/or attendance in customer business reviews
- Ensure adherence to customer SOPs, government agency regulations, and C.H. Robinson company standards
- Ensure compliance with all government filings and regulations such as Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) and U.S Department of Commerce, etc.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Exceptional customer service skills and follow up
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and using the internet
- Knowledge or coursework in Supply Chain, Logistics and or International Business a plus
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran