The Insurance Manager will be responsible for the general, operational, financial and administrative Management of all cargo and legal liability claims worldwide for the Global Forwarding business. The Insurance Manager will provide leadership to a team of Claims Representatives by maintaining their own workload of claims while directing the workflow of the team.
- Review and analyze all incoming cargo claims and assign to the appropriate team member
- Ensure all claims are handled and processed in line with the internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as well as with the requirements of CH Robinson’s insurers
- Oversee the handling of complex claim files to ensure proper handling
- Possess a working knowledge of the following:
- Carriage of Goods by Sea Act (COGSA)
- Hague / Hagues Visby Rules
- Warsaw / Montreal Protocol Rules
- 49 U.S. Code § 14706 (Carmack)
- Develop learning tools for team members that drive continuous claim improvement and policy understanding.
- Branch training on marine cargo insurance / transport law / marine liability when needed
- Set team and individual objectives and priorities
- Coach, support, and manage the team and individuals to meet and exceed objectives
- Communicate and manage the team to adhere to corporate and branch policies
- Prepare for and lead team meetings
- Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory or management experience
- Minimum of 4 years Transit or Cargo Claims handling experience
- Solid understanding of claims process and industry operations
- Strong analytical skills for evaluating large amounts of information and drawing appropriate conclusions
- Able to communicate at multiple levels, to varies audiences, using multiple mediums
- Generate new ideas to improve performance, translating these ideas into practical solutions
- Time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.