Senior Sales Executive - Global Forwarding
As a Senior Sales Executive, you will be responsible for generating, prospecting, soliciting, and closing new accounts leveraging all of C.H. Robinson's logistics services (including but not limited to: Truckload, LTL, Intermodal, and Outsource Solutions.). You will be in daily contact with potential customers with gross sales from $60-200 Million, building relationships, problem solving and assessing their needs. This position will be responsible for promoting and selling C.H. Robinson's products and services in accordance with organizational sales policies and processes, and in pursuit of established objectives.
- Prospect with a "hunter" mentality via phone, internet, fieldwork, referrals, industry networking, and trade shows
- Independently identify and generate new sales opportunities
- Inside sales: contact and conduct initial discovery with customers via phone and email
- Outside sales: facilitate face-to-face meetings, present proposals and solutions, close business in person
- Collaborate internally with team on pricing strategy and account implementation plans
- Assist with account management issues after the sale, as needed
- Establish credit terms with clients in coordination with company goals and directives
- Manage individual sales funnel information regarding all prospective customers in the required format
- Sell C.H. Robinson’s core suite of services
- Review weekly/monthly sales activities and prospective customers with Management
- Engaging in self-development & training opportunities, both internal & external
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
- 5 years minimum sales or account management experience
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to sell both Inside (phone and email solicitation) & Outside (face-to-face meetings, proposals, closings)
- Strategic orientation, relationship building, negotiation skills, and business acumen
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of a customer’s organization including C-Level
- Ability to collaborate internally with all levels of sales resources and other team resources
- Aggressive, competitive, resilient attitude with a strong work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Organizational skills and comfort multitasking in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to travel, as needed
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.