C.H. Robinson’s Managed TMS® Services are provided through the TMC division. TMC provides customers with expertise and technology that drive both immediate and sustained cost savings throughout their transportation networks. Core components of this service include Six Sigma-based process engineering, advanced TMS technology and TMS power-users, who serve as an extension of the customer’s staff. In our Managed TMS customers often retain control of transportation service provider selection, transportation service provider contracts, and rate negotiations. TMC is a global division of C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. with offices in Chicago-USA, Amsterdam-The Netherlands, Shanghai-China, Mumbai- India and Wroclaw-Poland. Over the past 15 years, TMC has exceeded customer expectations for savings, productivity, supply chain improvements and carbon footprint reduction.
Today, TMC has over 400 employees, $3.4 billion in freight and we have been around for 17 years.
As a Logistics Associate you will be responsible for enhancing workflow by providing support to different account teams to deliver excellent logistics services to TMC customers. You will interface with external and internal customers (TMC colleagues in Amsterdam or Poland) and customers’ transportation service providers.
- Provide professional response to customer’s and transportation service provider’s requests for additional information on topics like shipment tracking and financials
- Daily operational focus in a dynamic environment
- Responsible for running and improving reports on daily shipment activities
- Search for spot market capacity when market is challenging for customers
- Proactively monitor, manage, and follow-up on daily operations
- Execute and respond to changes submitted from the customer in a timely and accurate manner (notify transportation service providers, reschedule appointments, etc.)
- Collect, sort and distribute operational information to the internal team
- Provide support to other departments with internal shared tasks
- Bachelor degree in the area of Logistics or Business
- 1-3 years of work experience in operations or customer service, preferably in transportation industry
- Fluent in English, any other (European) languages are a great asset!
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel
- Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands
- Analysis & problem-solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Friendly, customer-service attitude
- Ability to work in a stressful, team oriented, and fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and strong communication skills
C.H. Robinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.