C.H. Robinson’s Managed TMS® Services are provided through the TMC division. TMC provides customers with expertise and technology that drive both immediate and sustained cost savings throughout their transportation networks. Core components of this service include Six Sigma-based process engineering, advanced TMS technology and TMS power-users, who serve as an extension of the customer’s staff. In our Managed TMS customers often retain control of transportation service provider selection, transportation service provider contracts, and rate negotiations. TMC is a global division of C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. with offices in Chicago-USA, Amsterdam-The Netherlands, Shanghai-China, Mumbai- India and Wroclaw-Poland. Over the past 15 years, TMC has exceeded customer expectations for savings, productivity, supply chain improvements and carbon footprint reduction.
Today, TMC has over 400 employees, $3.4 billion in freight and we have been around for 17 years.
- Build relationships with customer contacts to execute day to day transportation needs
- Proactively monitor, manage, and follow-up on shipment daily exceptions
- Manage service failures with transportation service providers and work with customer to resolve any potential issues
- Identify cost savings opportunities (route guide optimization, order consolidation, lead time compliance, etc.)
- Provide prompt and professional response to customer's requests for additional information
- Hit tactical and operational KPI targets (Quality and Productivity Metrics)
- Strong willingness to be committed to customer and division
- Manage reconciliation of weekly financial reports
- Responsible for running and improving reports on daily shipment activities
- Identify and implement operational efficiency gains
- Execute and respond to changes submitted from the customer in a timely and accurate manner (notify transportation service providers, reschedule appointments, etc.)
- University degree and 3-5 years of experience in logistics
- Knowledgeable in SAP and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Air- & Ocean shipping and dangerous goods
- Experience with Freight Pay
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to work in a team oriented and fast-paced environment
- Friendly, customer-service attitude
- Ability to solve problems and work through ambiguity, create continuous improvements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule on occasion
- Visionary in scope of project and ability to think outside the box
C.H. Robinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.