The Supervisor Logistics is responsible for utilizing TMC’s proprietary Transportation Management System as effectively manage the flow of all Transportation information on behalf of the customer. This position is accountable for driving operational efficiency within their team, assisting in setting operational performance metrics and delegating tasks to ensure completion. The Supervisor will own all operations-based relationships with the external customer as well as the internal team. This role is expected to use the TMC project-based delivery model to generate large, complex projects for their team and drive them through to completion.
The Supervisor will ensure operational excellence by organizing, planning, coordinating and controlling team operations. The main focus of the position is to develop people, monitor performance, and support the day-to-day needs of our customers through superior operations.
- Ensure all arrangements are made for the execution of shipments through your area of responsibility
- Act as a resource for peers
- Resolve complex exceptions and drive problem solving to prevent the re-occurrence of problems and improve processes
- Develop and ensure documentation of Standard Operating Procedure
- Responsible for operational SMART Targets and operational Metrics at business unit, geographic, or account(s) specific level
- Lead calls and trainings with customer representatives at an equal or greater seniority level
- Make fact based suggestions and build and present a business cases related to how customers can achieve ROI
- Provide leadership to a small to mid-sized team at a business unit or geographic level while displaying the IMPACT Values
- Manage and facilitate trainings across assigned team
- Provide input to development plans and reviews
- Coordinate meal breaks and vacation time to ensure operational coverage
- Setting new customer-driven metrics to improve customer’s overall processes within the supply chain
- Utilize available analytics to identify and solve problems
- Be able to apply the TMC project-based delivery model in your day to day work as well as teach and articulate the model to the team
- Other duties assigned
- 5-10 years of experience in Supply Chain and freight forwarding
- Experience in carrier management and/or dealing with 3PL or 4PL
- Direct or indirect supervisory, management or leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and influence others, set a positive example, and create a productive, positive environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to proactively identify patterns in operations and data
- Ability to lead, coach, mentor and provide feedback in a team oriented and fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to mid-level leadership
- Ability to gather, translate and drive results based on voice of customer
- Ability to adapt and lead in an ambiguous and changing environment
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Ability to act as a mentor and subject matter expert to peers
- A minimum of up to 20% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
C.H. Robinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.