Capacity Portfolio Representative- Full Time Position Starting Summer 2024
Do you enjoy creating new relationships and managing multiple projects? Do you possess a sales-minded approach to your work and enjoy taking charge of your own achievements? If you answered 'yes', step right up and apply for our Capacity Portfolio Representative position. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to excel in account management, creating and maintaining valuable client connections while setting the stage for your personal and professional success. Join us and be the driving force behind fostering lasting partnerships and delivering results.
What does it take to be a successful Capacity Portfolio Representative for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Relationship Driven
Your Future Career Starts Here: Job Openings for Summer 2024
- Learn and demonstrate understanding of carrier’s business, growth goals, preferences, capabilities, equipment, and expertise to maximize the relationship, capacity utilization, use of digital products and carrier satisfaction.
- Monitor activity and/or dormancy of accounts within the portfolio. Investigate potential causes, identify solutions, and take appropriate action to grow inactive or underutilized accounts.
- Develop understanding of automated booking products including Book it Now, Auto-Book, Committed Capacity Programs, and the benefits of each to the carrier and C.H. Robinson. May gain experience and exposure with additional strategic procurement products.
- Build a solid understanding of the C.H. Robinson carrier website and mobile apps; introduce and inform carriers as new tools or features are released.
- Drive awareness and benefits of carrier payment programs. Identify which products are best suited to each carrier based on needs and preferences.
- Build understanding of freight market dynamics, seasonality and supply and demand factors that influence capacity availability and pricing decisions.
- Gain expertise with capacity analytical and internal costing tools and utilize in guiding informed buying/negotiating decisions that are within cost parameters and at market rates.
- Proactively post all available transactional or desired committed capacity, using complete and accurate details, to enable efficient matching of freight to equipment and support accurate customer pricing and load acceptance
- Negotiate and secure both transactional and committed capacity utilizing various methods of communication with carriers.
- Deliver a superior level of service to the carrier by identifying or responding to issues, determining the best course of action, and implementing solutions. Provide leadership visibility to serious or repeated problems.
- Regularly review carrier feedback and respond accordingly, ensuring issues are resolved or escalated when necessary to deliver the best possible experience to the carrier.
- Enable carrier’s cash flow by providing cash advances, providing guidance or direct action to resolve payable issues, etc.
- Work closely with internal partners on shipment updates, problem resolution and/or operational execution.
- Enable consistent and accurate in transit load visibility.
- Inform carriers and reinforce ways an automated solution can improve the experience or drive efficiency.
- Work with carriers to identify most efficient options for providing automated in transit shipment visibility, either via a C.H Robinson mobile app or other automated shipment tracking technology solution chosen by the carrier.
- Provide shipment updates on non-automated loads regularly throughout the day.
- Reinforce with carriers the expectation regarding on time pick-up and delivery requirements. Identify possible root cause issues and partner with carriers to improve results.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Site Specific: bi-lingual (Spanish & English) proficiency
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Business Relationship Management: Has experience building positive relationships with team members or stakeholders to create mutually beneficial outcomes. Has well-developed communication skills and demonstrated ability to tailor and deliver messages for the audience
- Customer Service: Has experience using customer perspective to guide decisions and actions and can demonstrate going above and beyond to support the customer and deliver a positive experience.
- Critical Thinking: Applies subject-matter knowledge to create solutions. Leverages appropriate data and tools to evaluate options and make recommendations.
- Strategic Thinking: Demonstrates experience anticipating opportunities and challenges and utilizing knowledge to achieve a desired outcome.
- Problem Solving: Possesses the ability to define the problem, determine the cause, identify and implement solutions and see issues through to resolution within acceptable timeframes.
- This job description is intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees performing this role.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers, and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth, and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Director, Service Delivery (Operations/Customer Support) Chicago, Illinois 11/21/2023
- Customer Account Specialist- Full Time Positions Starting Summer of 2024 Chicago, Illinois 11/13/2023
- Customer Account Specialist - Brokerage Sales Chicago, Illinois 08/10/2023
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.